BONE BROTH VEGETABLE SOUP
Updated: Oct 13, 2019
Fall calls for warm soup and cozy sweaters!
*GLUTEN FREE, PALEO, WHOLE 30*
(You can make this Vegetarian/Vegan if you use a different broth)
Benefits of Vegetable Soup
- Intaking many vitamins, minerals, and nutrients at the same time (eat the rainbow!)
- East on the digestive system
- Provides additional water to the large intestine & hydrates the whole system
- Supports regularity & proper elimination
- Can support weight loss
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45-60 minutes
Servings: this recipes yields 8
- 2 large or 3 medium sweet potatoes cut into small chunks
- 4 large carrots cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion diced
- 2 zucchini cut into bite size pieces
- a solid handful of green beans cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4-6 cups bone broth (you can do 4 cups of water and the rest bone broth if you want to cut it)
- Heat a large soup pan over medium heat, add the oil and onion and sauté until translucent but not burned. About 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, herbs, and spices and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and let cook for 30-45 minutes.
- Finish with fresh squeezed lemon juice. Store in air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
NOTE: Due to my Crohn's and GERD, I eliminated any garlic and onion. The recipe is less flavorful without these ingredients but still so delicious from the veggies themselves!